The Secret of Success
Only you can surrender your concerns to the Father. No one else can take those away and give them to GOD. Only you can cast all your anxieties on the One who cares for you.
Job 10:12 " You gave me life and showed me kindness,
and in your providence watched over my spirit."
You have granted me life and favor and your care has preserved my spirit. in the King James said: "thy visitation hath preserved my spirit."
The prophet Joel foretold a day when GOD would poor out His Spirit on all flesh.
Joel 2:28-29 28 “And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams,
your young men will see visions. 29 Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days.
Depend on the LORD, Trust Him, and He will take care of you.
Psalm 37:5 " 5 Commit your way to the Lord;
trust in him and he will do this"
How the Spirit takes up residence in us and helps came for us:
1) Romans 8:26
Romans 8:26 " 26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness.
We do not know what we ought to pray for,
but the Spirithimself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
Likewise the spirit also helps in our weakness. for we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
The contrast offered by paul in this verse is between our inability to know how to pray and the effective prayers of the Spirit. The emphasis indicates that the Spirit prays for us. He intercedes on our behalf before the throne of GOD. See 1 John 2:1 " 2 My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have an advocate with the Father—Jesus Christ, the Righteous One." But His intercession cannot be where'd, which means it is unexpressed, unspoken; no language is in view here, only the inner groaning of the Spirit.
2) Romans 8:27
Romans 8:27 " 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit,
because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God."
As children of GOD we do not always knows what to pray for or how best to pray but we can know the purpose of GOD which the Holy Spirit desires to accomplish.
3) Jude 1: 20
Jude 1:20 " 20 But you, dear friends,
by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit"
Jude tells us how to keep ourselves in the Love of GOD. It is clear that Jude is encouraging us in this verse to cultivate our love for Christ, for we cannot be separated from His love for us.
Romans 8: 35-39 "35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
4) 2 Corinthians 5:5
2 Corinthians 5:5 "5 Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God,
who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come."
Guarantee: The Holy Spirit work in believers lives can be compared to a deposit or down payment.
2 Corinthians 1:22 "22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come." The presence of the Holy Spirit assures believers that GOD has purchased tem. Thay are no longer slaves to sin but His children. They will receiveall the rights and privileges of children of GOD when their Savior returns.
5) 1 John 3:24
1 John 3:24 " 24 The one who keeps God’s commands lives in him, and he in them.
And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us."
Abides in this verse describes the mutual indwelling of Jesus and the Christians. The believer abides in Christ by keeping His commandments. Christ abides in the obedient believer as one who is at home with that believer. Jesus spoke of this mutual abiding in John 15: 4,5,7 " 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."
"You need HOPE to survive"
1) Hebrews 11:1 " 11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see."
2) Romans 15:13 " 13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
3) Hebrews 9:27 " 27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment..."
4) John 11:25 " 25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die..."
5) John 14:2 " 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?"
6) John 14:19 "19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live."
7) 1 Corinthians 1: 21-25 " 1 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called,both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength."
A) To the Jews, who expected a political savior. Jesus was a stumbling block.
B) To the Greeks whose self centered wisdom could not make sense of the cross.
C) To believers in Jesus was foolishness.
8) John 8:12 " 12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Pastor: Raymond Colon